Fayette County is hosting six public meetings to discuss how to use Act 13 impact fees.
The meetings were planned to allow residents to provide input.
In April, Fayette County commissioners adopted a resolution to impose a gas well fee on each gas well in the county. The commissioners were able to do so based on Act 13, a state law that allows for the collection of the fee.
Drillers were forced to pay the impact fees this week. The fees are estimated to raise about $180 million this year.
It is yet to be determined how much of the fee funds Fayette County will receive.
The meetings, which will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m., are as follows:
- Wharton Municipal Building, Today.
- Perry Township Municipal Building, Sept.10.
- Redstone recreation center, Sept. 12.
- Nicholson Municipal Building, Sept. 19.
- Bullskin Municipal Building, Sept. 20.
- Public Service Building in Uniontown, Sept. 27.