The US power generation industry is in the midst of a monumental transformation – from majority coal-fuelled to becoming more and more focused on natural gas. Coal plant owners have announced 54,742 MW of coal-fuelled generating capacity will be shut down by 2025. On top of this, over 60% of planned generation additions between 2012 and 2040 will be fuelled by natural gas.
To gain a deeper understanding of why the future of US power is so centred on natural gas, FC Gas Intelligence spoke to representatives of five companies that can boast a wealth of experience in natural gas power generation, all of whom have a major focus on investing in natural gas power for the foreseeable future.
The report includes interviews with these key figures in leading utilities:
- John Adams, Senior Vice President of Power Operations at Calpine Corporation
- Bill Nordlund, Managing Director of Panda Power Funds
- Ron DeGregorio, President of Exelon Power
- Etienne Senac, Vice President of Fossil Generation at Entergy
- Matthew Usher is Director of New Technology Development and Policy Support at AEP Generation
These representatives from the nation’s most renowned utilities and independent power producers spoke to us exclusively on why they’re betting on natural gas power, how they’re investing for the future, how they’ve overcome challenges, and how they see the future of the industry evolving.
This report is a vital tool for all stakeholders in the US power generation industry to gain valuable insight and understand what the leading utilities are planning long-term.
For information contact Jessica Allen – Jessica@fc-gi.com