Here, we’ll review the top 10 best SUBSTRATE FOR PLANTED TANK on the market today. We’ll provide an overview of the pros and cons of each product. Read on for our selection of best SUBSTRATE FOR PLANTED TANK.
10 Best SUBSTRATE FOR PLANTED TANK
Best SUBSTRATE FOR PLANTED TANK
CaribSea Eco-Complete 20-Pound Planted Aquarium, Black
- Complete substrate for freshwater planted aquariums
- Contains major and minor trace elements to nourish aquarium plants
- Substrate encourages healthy plant root growth
Fluval Plant and Shrimp Stratum, For Fish Tanks, 4.4 lbs., 12693
- Fluval Stratum is made of mineral rich volcanic soil
- Stimulates strong aquarium plant growth
- Promotes neutral to mildly acidic pH
- Suitable for live plants or shrimp
- 4.4 lb bag
Seachem Flourite Black Clay Gravel - Stable Porous Natural Planted Aquarium Substrate 15.4 lbs
1 used from $23.69
- GRAVEL: Seachem Flourite Black is a specially fracted stable porous clay gravel for the natural planted aquarium. Its appearance is best suited to planted aquaria, but may be used in any freshwater aquarium environment.
- AQUARIUM BED: Gravel modifiers such as laterite are not necessary when using Seachem Flourite Black as this product is most effective when used alone as an integral substrate bed, but it may be mixed with other gravels.
- SET-UP: When adding water to the aquarium, fill slowly to avoid disturbing Flourite Black substrate bed. Place a bowl in the aquarium and add water directly to the bowl, allowing water to overflow softly on to the gravel bed. Initial cloudiness is normal, but to remove this simply use mechanical filtration
- COMPATIBLE: Flourite Black substrates will work fine with an under gravel filter and will not soften or decompose to an unsuitable state within your tank.Flourite substrates will work fine with an UGF
- SAFETY: Seachem Flourite Black is not chemically coated or treated, thus does not alter the pH of the water. Flourite Black is beneficial for the life of the aquarium and need not be replaced.
Ultum Nature Controsoil Freshwater Planted Aquarium Substrate - Extra Fine Black (1 Liter)
Ultum Nature Controsoil Freshwater Planted Aquarium Substrate - Normal Black (3 Liter)
- Formulated for freshwater planted aquariums, tropical fish, and freshwater dwarf shrimp.
- Helps clarify and detoxify water
- Dark "Black" color
- Naturally acidifies and softens aquarium water
- Normal granule size (~5mm)
Flourite Dark, 7 kg / 15.4 lbs
3 used from $17.73
- No laterite needed
- Perfect for planted aquariums
- May be mixed with other gravels
- The Premium Substrate For the Planted Aquarium
Carib Sea ACS00771 Planted Substrate for Aquarium, 2/20-Pound, Red Set of 2
- Caribe Planted Substrate Red
- It establishes a natural biological balance
- It makes cycling a new aquarium faster and safer
Hewnda 2 pounds to Complete Freshwater Planted Aquarium Substrate
- The high-level substrate for planting aquariums provides basic nutrition for the plant root structure for long-term successful planting of freshwater aquariums
- Compared with sand and other sand, more suitable for the growth of most grass roots. Formulated for freshwater planted aquariums, tropical fish, and freshwater dwarf shrimp.
- Helps clarify and detoxify water. PH value: 7.5. You can adjust the water quality is more suitable for the growth of aquatic plants ideal range.
- There is no need to wash, please use the original state, if washed with water will lead to muddy mud.
- Note: This product is aquatic breeding purposes, absolutely not edible; Please store this product properly children can not reach the place, to avoid children eating.
Brightwell Aquatics FlorinBase Laterin Substrat F - Fine Granular High Porosity Clay Base Substrate for Planted and Freshwater Shrimp Aquaria, 5 lbs
- Fine, high porosity, kiln fired clay granular substrate
- Rich in a plethora of natural minerals, particularly iron, for luscious plant growth and health
- Designed to be used as a base layer just above FlorinBase Laterin Substrat VF and FlorinBase Laterite powder
- Will not elevate pH
- Age range description: All Life Stages
Landen Namaule Sand 5kg (11 lbs.), Super Natural for Aquarium Landscaping, Cosmetic Sand for Plant Tank, Natural River Sand for Freshwater or Blackwater Biotope Tank(NS-001)
- 【Nature Landscaping】NAMAULE SAND is a natural product used as a general aquarium fish tank sand and a make-up sand for aquatic plant landscaping.
- 【Natural Color】With a gentle and natural color, available for different landscaping designs, applicable in a variety of ways; can express riverbed styles in natural landscapes
- 【Quality Assurance】With a gentle and natural color, available for different landscaping designs, applicable in a variety of ways; can express riverbed styles in natural landscapes
- 【Safe to Use】Purely natural product with moderate PH, friendly to the quality of water, without releasing any hazardous matter harmful to fish and aquatic plant
- 【Size】Weight per Bag: 5kg (approx. 11.2 lbs.); Grain Size: 0.3 - 0.5mm; Average Density: 75 pounds per cubic foot